Friday, May 23, 2008

What Was I Thinking About?


Why is it that I was compelled to “pretty up” the four blogs I have (even though I haven’t really posted to them in quite some time)? What made me make new banners for a couple of them, edit the sidebars on all of them, change a few link feeds that were not working in the first place, and then fight the urge of creating yet two other blogs just for the fun of it?


I like to think of it all as a simple work in progress. When I started this round of changing things around, all I was going to do was change the banner titles on 2 of the blogs which needed them.


And as is often the case, that one fairly simple activity lead to something else which lead to even more something else(es) which - you guessed it - lead to even more stuff. And I’m not even done yet since so many other ideas for change come to mind.


All of this coming on the day before I read Scott Ginsberg’s blog post today about things he wishes someone would have told him when he started his business. That is “Activity isn’t progress.” Read his post here

So naturally I have thought about that AFTER I have done all of this “necessary pretty work” on the blogs without really posting anything new. But I shall now begin to work on the progress part of the activities instead of just doing stuff to be doing stuff.


Now Here’s A Few Questions For You…

  • What are you doing that is allowing you to progress toward what it is you want?
  • Is what you are doing necessary or just filling time?
  • What should you be spending your time on?
  • When will you see the benefits?

No comments: