Saturday, January 24, 2009

Go Back To Get Ahead

The other night, I was digging through some papers from, as it turned out, years ago.

There were E-books galore, (including my own), pages of notes and things I had typed, as well as blog posts and articles from my former life on the web. And then there was the small stack of emails Larry and I had written back and forth, and back again, over the years.

It was funny, (in a different kinda way), that a lot of what we had typed about was still the same stuff we type about today.

I don't so much mean the brief asides we wrote about celebrities or politicians or local professional sports teams just totally blowing perfectly possible seasons by winning just a few games, (though that happens quite a bit). I'm talking about what the future holds, what we will be doing in say a few years (or even next week).

Like I said, it's funny in that it is the same over the years. Some of which we have made decent strides towards, yet it remains as central focus that doesn't seem to go away.

While I can't quite speak for Larry at the moment, my own ideas were based on a few ideas.

  • Helping others is a primary focus.
  • Is fun, involves humor, (definitely is not always serious).
  • Provides me with a sense of having done something meaningful.
  • Writing, maybe speaking or instructing in some fashion, is involved.
Those are what pushed me to writing my first few e-books several years ago. Since then, daily life has managed to get in the way much more than one would have wished. BUT, the primary focus which keeps coming up in our emails has never gone away.

So my questions to you are these:

  • What have you been thinking about year after year that you should be doing?
  • What idea or image keeps popping into your mind?
  • What, (and I hate the word), regret do you still have inside you?
  • What did you like or love doing in the past that you don't do any more? (not because you can't, but you just don't).
  • How can we help you get started on this?

Leave your thoughts and comments, and together, we shall see what we can accomplish.

No comments: